Applying Emotional Intelligence in the Workplace
What is it?
- Emotional intelligence – The meaning of it is different to different people.
- For example – For one person, it may be about being a “nice person”.
- Rest people may see emotional intelligence as an oxymoron: they can’t believe that emotions can be intelligent.
Importance of Emotional Intelligence
- It differentiates the average performers from the best performers
- It is not a technical skills that you learn in your academics, it is easy to learn and one can easily identify if someone has this skill or not
- Emotional intelligence is neither intelligence or people skills
- Emotional intelligence is a set of abilities
The Five Components of Emotional Intelligence at Work